The goal of this new and exciting track is to produce interdisciplinary scholars, qualified to enter top positions in academia as well as in industry and the public sector, in fields that require a scientific, quantitative, and critical approach to issues involving human behavior, broadly defined.
The track is open to students who completed their Bachelor's or Master's degree in psychology or related fields.
The track includes:
- An innovative, inter-disciplinary program of studies that integrates diverse fields of psychology, including cognitive, social, developmental, and clinical psychology, psychobiology and neuroscience.
- A broad and thorough training in both theory, statistics and methods.
- Guaranteed financial support of 72,000-₪ to 78,000₪ for a period of up to 5 years.
- Personal and group-based mentoring of each student, encouraging participation in conferences, internships outside the university and preparing for the future career directions.
- Teaching experience.
Terms of acceptance:
An individual may apply for doctoral studies, and the track acceptance will be based on the following:
- Research recommendations- at least one
- Scientific writing example (for example, a seminar submitted during previous studies or a scientific paper)
- A letter describing scientific intentions (up to 800 words)
- Excellent grades on previous degrees (BA and if possible, MA)
The decision to accept candidates for doctoral studies is within the purview of a special doctoral committee. The acceptance committee will interview candidates in a concentrated day, in which students will have an opportunity to tour and appreciate the psychology department, meet with various faculty members and explore our labs. Decisions will be based on the materials of the application and the interviews.
Required papers for application:
- Application formScientific intention declaration (up to 800 words), which includes an overview of the candidate’s research background and direction for future research
- Grade sheets from BA and from MA, if exist.
- A copy of a written seminar from the BA, or the thesis from the MA.
- References: candidates with a BA only will supply 1-2 recommendations. candidates with an MA will supply 2 recommendations. All recommendations will be sent directly to the email address below
- Priority will be given to students who found an adviser from the department, and will submit a letter of support.
Before acceptance to the program students must find an advisor from our core faculty members, and obtain her/his consent and support.
All papers must be sent to in a PDF format to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last deadline submission: May 1st, 2019